The Saoirse Foundation
The Saoirse Foundation is a registered non-profit National children’s charity, which is actively engaged in three projects, Bee for Battens, Liam’s Lodge & BUMBLEance, the children’s ambulance service.
Title: Head of Fundraising & Engagement
Responsible to: CEO & COO
Role Type: Permanent Full Time
The Head of Fundraising & Engagement will be reporting to the Saoirse Foundation Senior Management & supported by our team which focuses on operational support, fundraising and awareness-raising in Ireland of the work of our organisation. You would be part of a team of full-time and part-time staff members and volunteers.
The Head of Fundraising & Engagement Manager will be involved in all aspects of fundraising and networking for The Saoirse Foundation with a focus on developing and implementing a CSR strategy that will raise funds and awareness of the charity among the public, business & corporate communities. This role will also comprise a networking and public speaking element, representing the Saoirse Foundation at networking and fundraising events.
The successful candidate will work closely with & report to senior management to enable effective delivery of our Charity’s Policies, Goals & Mission Statement.
- Developing and implementing sustainable long-term fundraising strategies to maximize income and develop brand awareness, lead, develop and manage the fundraising teams to deliver excellent financial results and the highest levels of support and recognition for sponsors, volunteers and corporate donors.
- Develop and implement a set of protocols and standard operating procedures which ensure that fundraising activity is carried out in line with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising & industry best practice, ensuring compliance with the Charities Institute of Ireland “Triple Lock” standard.
- Oversee, manage and expand the charities online presence and develop web & social media strategies to raise the Charities profile and market its activities.
- Organising The Saoirse Foundation events.
- Marketing support for all Saoirse Foundation activities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A relevant degree or third level qualification is necessary, ideally in marketing, or business disciplines being highly advantageous.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a senior management role in fundraising or marketing in the not for profit sector is highly desirable.
- The ideal candidate will have successfully implemented a Fundraising Strategy or similar initiative.
- Highly creative with an understanding of consumer trends, innovative branding and marketing developments.
- Project management experience with a demonstrable track record in delivering a high return from minimum resources.
- Ability to secure large scale funding for specific projects or initiatives.
- Ability to manage a complex group of stakeholders including staff, volunteers, donors and deliver communications strategies which engage the public, business and corporate communities.
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills and the ability to deliver clear and concise reports.
- Flexibility to work out-of-office hours as required e.g. at evening or weekend events.
- Own car and full driving licence.
- Proficiency and interest in social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications is September 10th 2018