The Saoirse Foundation
The Saoirse Foundation is a registered non-profit National children’s charity, which is actively engaged in three projects, Bee for Battens, Liams Lodge & BUMBLEance, the children’s ambulance service.
Title: Chief Operating Officer
Responsible to: Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer
Role Type: Permanent Full Time
The Chief Operating Officer role is a key member of the Saoirse Foundation senior management team, reporting to the Directors & Chief Executive Officer. This role will be Saoirse Foundation’s second-in-command and be responsible for the operational and monitor the financial well-being of the charity, deliver financial and commercial strategies and day-to-day operational excellence.
Supported by a full team, the role requires an experienced and effective leader, with outstanding financial ability, able to lead across both operational and strategic spheres. The overarching purpose of the Chief Operating Officer position is to work with and assist on defining the financial and operational strategy of the Saoirse Foundation, and then to implement it, thereby enabling the charity to deliver its charitable objects.
- Work to ensure the best possible operating position for The Saoirse Foundation with regard to income, costs and investment, managing the commercial and financial affairs of the charity and leading on charity strategy.
- Act as a senior member of the Saoirse Foundation Management Team, contributing to the development of the organisation’s strategy for achieving its charitable objects, and helping to foster the unique spirit and ethos of the Saoirse Foundation.
- To work on strategic and tactical issues facing the charity, alongside the CEO and the other members of the Senior Management Team.
- Lead the organisation’s policy and practice on the identification and management of risk and ensure its compliance with best practice standards, statutory and other regulations.
- Identify opportunities to improve the charity’s financial position through increased income generation or operating efficiencies, while maintaining the Saoirse Foundation’s high standards in all respects.
- Oversee the operational running of the Saoirse Foundation activities, ensuring excellent people and process management.
- Ensure the Saoirse Foundation’s customer care is second to none, and that it seeks to improve customer experience while remaining true to the spirit of the Charity.
- Ensure the charity operates an excellent HR function with policies and practice that promote Saoirse Foundation culture and vision.
- Ensure the charity has the best affordable IT infrastructure and resources.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and budget forecasts and support the CEO in gaining the Trustees’ approval.
- Lead on Risk Management within the Saoirse Foundation, including overseeing organisational risk, compiling and maintaining the risk register and reporting to the Board of Directors and sub Committee on risk related matters.
- Ensure appropriate insurance arrangements for the Saoirse Foundation.
- Act as organisational lead on statutory and other compliance, including GDPR and liaison with the statutory bodies.
- Be able to deputise for the CEO if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience of identifying strategic commercial issues in organisations and successfully addressing.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing new finance and income generation.
- Experience of identifying and implementing business change.
- Proven excellence in management of a dispersed operational staff, leading and supporting them to achieve agreed goals.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role.
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Experience in Not for Profit / Charity Sector is a plus.
- Strong organisational skills combined with excellent emotional intelligence to achieve goals through consensus.
- Verbal and numerical analysis and presentational skills, with the ability to reach incisive and grounded conclusions in excellent written and spoken English.
- Applications can be emailed to email@example.com
- Closing date for applications is September 10th 2018